Who I am
I am a fullstack developer with more than six years of web development experience and around ten years in software development in general. I have developed, deployed, and maintained a lot of public and in-house web projects and tools from scratch, both as a solo developer and as a part of a team. I've hired, educated and managed developers and reviewed their work. I'm able to quickly learn new technologies and concepts. I have good communication skills. I have worked directly with clients, participated in every stage of a project — from the initial idea to the deployment and final presentation, — and have directed the development process of complex projects. I have co-authored and lead a web design and development course. I have a varied work experience: a corporation, a research institute, an educational non-profit, a media, a design agency, an ML-startup. I was a co-founder of a compact web design and development studio.
I enjoy purposeful use of technologies, craftsmanship, and beauty. I value effectiveness, sustainability, and culture. I tend to think of a project as a whole and like to work across the stack, participating in the frontend and backend development, database and infrastructure management, as well as collaborating closely with clients, developers, designers, and other team members, making sure the project meets its purpose.
Russian is my native language and I speak English fluently. I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Informatics from the Higher School of Economics and have taken online courses on the algorithm design, functional programming and system design.
I'm up for collaboration (although not for hire)
If you want to collaborate with me on something or have a project or an idea you'd like to discuss please write me an e-mail.
Here is my GitHub
Here is my CV
- napryamok.org — a website with information for people affected by the war in Ukraine
- Type Design Workshop by Contrast Foundry
- [WIP] — a curated web platform for distributing typefaces made by independent designers and foundries
- AKFMO — a website of the Austrian Cultural Forum Moscow
- Lepota — a game about Russian art for Bang Bang Education
- Status — a project for the Russia Pavilion at the 17th International Architecture Exhibition — La Biennale di Venezia (the client decided not to preserve the site for some reason but you can read more here)
- Impostor Cities — a website for the Canada Pavilion at the 17th International Architecture Exhibition — La Biennale di Venezia
- Khudozhestvenny Cinema — a website for the oldest cinema in Moscow
- Automatic Writing — a website for a semester-long exploration of the relationship between language, media, and design
- Summa Technologiae — a website for a pedagogical investigation based on the work of Stanisław Lem
- Ornamika⋅Live — a website for an online exhibition in which a huge robotic arm draws Russia’s authentic ornaments 23/7
- Bauhaus FLA — a website for a business program for design leaders
- Electric Red — a website for a cool design studio
- ermolaeva.co — a portfolio website for a great designer and art director Tanya Ermolaeva
- wthr.live — a promotional website for the Grtsk variable font by Black Foundry — stopped working because Yahoo killed its Weather API
- An interactive 3d intro for the new Bang Bang education website (what's left of it anyway)
- Performance BBE — a website for an online typography festival’s performance by Dmitry Rodionov and Pokras Lampas
- Khudozhestvenny Cinema Opening — a teaser website for the upcoming opening of the oldest cinema in Moscow
- indgila.com — a portfolio website for a multidisciplinary designer and art director Indgila Samad Ali
- Tsentsiper — a minimalistic website for a prominent international design studio
- In the City — an experimental website for the Strelka Institute’s conference on technology and urbanism
- Criticism Online — a web page for a classic article of Sheila de Bretteville, as a part of an experimental slow media on design and critical theory.
- Hong Kong — an infographic project for Strelka Mag. Sadly, not available anymore.
- Vector — a course in community organizing. Sadly, not available anymore.
- Architects RF — a teaser website for an educational program
- Soviet Architecture Guide — a website for a soviet modernist architecture guide by Strelka Mag